With more delay than expected, I’m sharing “Message”. Being working on other projects (of which I hope to give news soon) made that this album, with not complicated production, that expects to be fresh and casual, has taken longer to see the light.
This has also influenced the shape and spirit: in the beginning it was going to have more songs, with more punk-rock tension. “Rude” was the word. But, as has already happened several times in this library, the path between the initial idea and the final result is too long…
12 songs, 27 minutes. Rock, garage, punk (for reference). 12 fresh and direct songs, without additives. With prominence of dirty guitar riffs and frenetic rhythms. Casual sounds and imperfect tricks. As if it was a first concert in a small club. Or we listened to a rookie rock group in one of his first reunions in a garage. When, musically, the intensity is above everything else.
Influences… Black Lips, The Clash, beer & public gardens, Thee Oh Sees, Ty Segall, longboards, Eddy Current, Harmony Korine & Larry Clark, Black Falg, 4-string guitars and 2-string basses, The Cramps, Titus Andronicus, BMX, Ex Hex, Broncho, bad kids, caps and backpacks, Parquet Courts, hangovers, Gonzo, OFF…
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)